LET'S GET SOCIAL CHALLENGE
Harness the power of social media to engage with supporters and introduce your nonprofit to new audiences.
Are you using social media to its full advantage? Build an engaged community of ambassadors and increase awareness of your nonprofit.
Thunderclap is a tool that lets a message be heard when you and your friends say it together. Think of it as an "online flash mob."
With a successful Thunderclap, you and others will share the same message at the same time, spreading your message through Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr that cannot be ignored.
- Recruit 100+ social media ambassadors to promote a coordinated message via thunderclap.it by March 21.
- Mobilize people to vote for your organization on your powerlaunch.org profile page between March 7 through March 28. The warrior with the most votes will secure a spot in the final challenge.
- Raise money through micro-donations.
- Gain new social media followers.
- Increase engagement of current social network.
- Go LIVE on Facebook!
You may enlist the help of volunteers, staff, or board members to work with you on this challenge. You must lead the challenge for your team, and personally participate on social media.
Organizer name (This is you, First Name, Last Name) or Org Name.
Add a profile photo.
List the campaign name as Charity Warriors Challenge.
Add a message that includes a call to action and your organization's name such as "vote for Amy Doherty & WellStrong to help addicts win their battles with addition", or "vote for WellStrong to win $10,000 in Charity Warriors Challenge".
Add message link http://powerlaunch.org/profiles/wellstrong (your-org-name). This will link to your profile page. Note that spaces in your org. names will be replaced with hyphens i.e http://powerlaunch.org/profiles/loving-spoonfuls. Your profile page will be live by March 7.
Select (small) campaign goal of 100.
Select date of March 21 at 11:30 a.m.
Upload campaign image that will be visible in all social media posts. Ideal image size is 1200px x 627px. You may choose an org. photo, warrior image, or specially designed graphic.
Edit your story i.e. WellStrong utilizes fitness and mindfulness to help addicts win their battles with addiction. We're competing in the Charity Warriors Challenge, fundraising accelerator and competition for women leaders of MA-based nonprofits. Visit powerlaunch.org/wellstrong and like WellStrong's profile page to help us win $10,000. Include details about the Charity Warriors Challenge.
Promote your campaign to fans, friends, and the broader community ask for a pledge of support.
When you reach your supporter goal of 100, your message will be published to their social media accounts all at the same time on the date you chose.
Drive supporters to like your profile page starting on March 7. Total (unique user) page likes will be tabulated on March 28. You may begin promoting your profile page on March 7 using any means of communication.
Submit questions via our 2018 Charity Warriors Facebook group. Request an invitation if you are not already a member.
TIPS FOR WINNING
- Make Big Brother work for you. A great example is uploading mailing lists to Facebook for boosting targeted posts.
- Use hashtag #CharityWarriorsChallenge in all other social media posts (Thunderclap.it does not allow this in the campaign post) to allow us to follow along.
- Be authentic, but plan in advance. Even with live feeds.
- Use catchy images, video, humor, and stories. Ask, "is it thumb-stopping?"
- Specifically & individually ask supporters to back your Thunderclap.
- Join a Power Hour on Zoom, on March 9 at 9:30 or March 13 at 10:00.
RESOURCES & INSPIRATION
Check out the TED talk by lead mentor Nancy Frates. It's the next best thing to spending time with her in person - and truly inspirational. Julia Campbell's wonderful blog has tons of great social media tips and tools. And with easy to use, beautiful, and perfectly-sized social media templates, Canva is our favorite design tool (free for nonprofits).